About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Hearts at StakeHearts at Stake by Alyxandra Harvey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Part of the fun of Barnes and Noble's Free Fridays for Nook books happens when I am introduced to a new-to-me author and a genre I would not usually select. This book was free when I downloaded it to my Nook library in 2012. Yes, I had low expectations for the story of BFFs, one of whom was human and one who would be the first female vampire born in 900 years if she survived the change on her 16th birthday. The author surprised me with enjoyable characters and good pacing for the storyline.
I recommend it for YA readers who still enjoy the vampire-friendship genre.

View all my reviews

No comments: