About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Flyte (Septimus Heap, #2)Flyte by Angie Sage

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the second book of the Septimus Heap series, and I found it as enjoyable as the first book, Magyk.

I enjoy these books for Sage creates a believable fantasy world with believable characters. She tells a story with just enough suspense to keep the story moving without creating fear and worry for a child. This book has a nasty older brother Simon, and a mother and teacher who do not believe Simon can be as nasty as Septimus tells them he is. Septimus has to rely on another brother and friends to help him set things right.

Parents can read this with younger children. Middle readers can enjoy it by themselves.



View all my reviews

No comments: