About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Buy--Don't Hold: Investing with Etfs Using Relative Strength to Increase Returns with Less RiskBuy--Don't Hold: Investing with Etfs Using Relative Strength to Increase Returns with Less Risk by Leslie N. Masonson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book is second in a Nook trilogy called ETF Trading and Investing Strategies, and it was free when I downloaded it.
I disliked this book for more than 3 chapters for it seemed to repeat itself too much and for the "But Wait, There's More" structure of this book. Even in Chapter 3, where I hoped to read the Six-Step Road Map for the Personal Investing Plan, I was referred to upcoming information in chapters 4,5, and 6.
So why does this book make it up to 3 stars when I disliked it at the beginning? There are pockets of good information in chapters 4,5, and 6 and everything wraps up in Chapter 8 Putting it All Together. His concept of the Dashboard uses five indicators to help you determine the trends of the overall market. He recommends two different website to help determine the relative strength of the ETFs. He recommends stop-loss orders for protection.
I recommend this book to investors who are willing to winnow out the information they can use.

View all my reviews

No comments: