About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

The Elfstones of ShannaraThe Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Elfstones of Shannara is the eleventh book I have read from the Shannara series as I work my way through the books collected by my husband.
For someone who is reading the books for the first time and in the chronological order of the series, there are large gaps of years between the books and whole different casts of characters so this sometimes confuses me. Fifty years passed between The Sword of Shannara and The Elfstones of Shannara, this time the protagonist Wil Ohmsford is the grandson of the last protagonist Shea Ohmsford. The Ellcrys was introduced about four or five books ago.
Brooks does an excellent job describing the world of Shannara during the journeys and he does an excellent job of describing exciting battle scenes.
I recommend this series for fans of fantasy.

View all my reviews

No comments: