About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Snowman: A Harry Hole NovelThe Snowman: A Harry Hole Novel by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A 2013 project for me is to read all of Jo Nesbo's Harry Hole mysteries. I'm 2/3 done with this project, and I am not yet bored with Nesbo's mystery content or writing style. I'm still rooting for Harry to be happy. Yet, the topic that losers make a more interesting story was discussed between Harry and his former girlfriend's new boyfriend.

I like the layers of symbols that Nesbo adds to the mystery so that there is more of a literary quality to this detective novel: the childhood icon of snowmen become sinister and menacing; taking your children for medical checkups puts a target on your back; and the difference between Oslo and Bergen.

I recommend this book to mystery readers, and I suggest they start the series with The Redbreast.

View all my reviews

No comments: