About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Investing with Exchange-Traded Funds Made Easy: A Start-To-Finish Plan to Reduce Costs and Achieve Higher ReturnsInvesting with Exchange-Traded Funds Made Easy: A Start-To-Finish Plan to Reduce Costs and Achieve Higher Returns by Marvin Appel
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This book was part of the free for my Nook trilogy called ETF Trading and Investing Strategies. I'm glad I did not pay any more for information that was e-published in 2009.
After the first two chapters, I started to read only the conclusion at the end of each chapter. This was enough to give me the gist of what the author discussed. By chapter 7, Appel finally discusses his One-Decision Portfolio whose strategy is asset allocation with only once-a-year rebalancing. I interpret that time-frame to be a buy-and-hold strategy. He makes no suggestion to use stop losses. To save more time for anyone who may be interested, figure 13.1 is the flowchart of the "ultimate ETF investing strategy portfolio."
I don't recommend this book as I think a reader might get better information from the education section of brokerage websites.

View all my reviews

No comments: