About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, January 11, 2013

The Devil's Star: A NovelThe Devil's Star: A Novel by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A reading project for 2013 is to read all of the Harry Hole mysteries. I started with The Redbreast and Nemesis, and I just finished The Devil's Star in a rush because surprises kept coming!
Nesbo may use a mystery or police procedural plot line as a starting point; but he adds riffs above and below to make statements about the characters, the setting of Oslo, the press coverage of crimes, how we feel about the people with whom we must work, and about how we feel about the people who must save themselves.
This recommendation is more of an invitation for readers to join me.

View all my reviews

No comments: