About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, January 06, 2013

NemesisNemesis by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the character of Harry Hole from The Redbreast, and I decided to read other books in this series.
I like the many layers of meaning that Nesbo works into his crime novels so this becomes a literary novel which can explore themes of revenge, power, expectations of others,and a quest for the truth. There are so many twists and revelations that I was feeling the frustation of Hole's superiors; was there ever going to be an end to these cases?
A favorite quote from this book is, "Should a person be punished for showing no consideration towards an idiot behaving like an idiot?"
I recommend this book and this series.

View all my reviews

No comments: