About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Paladins of Shannara: Allanon's Quest (Short Story)Paladins of Shannara: Allanon's Quest by Terry Brooks
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is an e-short story that helps promote Wards of the Fairie which was published in 2012. While I am not close to reading Wards of the Fairie in my quest to read the Shannara books in a chronological order, Allanon's Quest precedes The Sword of Shannara.
It may be a short story, but it explains the plot point of how Allanon knew to seek out Shea Ohmsford. Brooks is able to continue to build Shannara's world and to write another good fight scene. I wonder, since this is an ebook, will it be easier for Brooks to correct the continuity errors that Verity Brown mentions in her review on goodreads.com?
I recommend it for fans of the series.

View all my reviews

No comments: