About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Apothecary's DaughterThe Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to this book and author by BN.com's Free Fridays. This ebook is no longer free. I enjoyed the book enough that I will look for others this author wrote.

It is a well-researched historical fiction, and I know this for pharmacy was my former career. The author uses her knowledge to create a setting and to move the story along the plot line. I did not feel she imposed any amazing fact upon her reader that was not necessary. This book may be shelved in a Christian fiction category, and yet it does not preach to the reader. This book is an entertaining romance set around 1810-1815 England.

I recommend this book to readers of romance, historical fiction or Christian fiction as an entertaining selection.

View all my reviews

No comments: