About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Death on a Platter (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #7)Death on a Platter by Elaine Viets

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Death on a Platter is the seventh book in the Jose Marcus, Mystery Shopper, and I eagerly anticipated its release. This is an entertaining series with believable supporting characters and with fun shopping tips.


Of course there is a mystery to be solved and Viets writes that skillfully. I learn that St. Louis pizza uses Provel cheese, a processed cheese that fuses provolone, Swiss and cheddar. There is a dessert treat called a Gooey Louie cake which comes in fourteen flavors. This particular book combines my preferences for a cozy nmystery and armchair food travel.


I recommend it to fans of the series. It can also be a mystery that stands by itself.


View all my reviews

No comments: