About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Deadly Sanctuary (Kendall O'Dell Series #1)Deadly Sanctuary by Sylvia Nobel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book was my Nook Free Friday selection for Dec 31, 2010, and it is no longer free. This is the first book in the Kendall O'Dell series. This Free Friday selection introduced me to a new author and new series in the mystery genre which I enjoy.

The stoy moved fast and was plotted well so that it held my attention. Kendall is hired as an investigative reporter; but her editor wants to keep her investigations secret so that she does not arouse antagonism from the local sheriff who no longer considers the disappearance of a former reporter to be worth investigating. Kendall accepts the job for reasons that have more to do with her health. She is soon curious enough to investigate her own stories, and new information keeps coming back to the investigation by the former reporter. Supporting characters have stories of their own. There is enough romance that this book could fit into a romance genre too.

I recommend it to readers who enjoy cozy mysteries or to readers who like mystery with a romance. I enjoyed it enough to look for other books written by this author at my local library.



View all my reviews

No comments: