About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family TreeThe Official Unofficial Guide to Using Legacy Family Tree by Geoffrey D. Rasmussen

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I bought this .pdf ebook which can be read on my laptop computer, and I don't recommend trying to move this ebook to your Nook for it seemed to mess up my Nook for PC when I tried to move and open it there. Reading it on your computer is a better idea. Read it in a split screen with Legacy FamilyTree software open on the other screen and follow step-by-step instructions to use the software in new-to-me ways. I rate this book 5 stars for I will continue to refer to this book.


This book is a compilation of Geoff Rasmussen's columns on his Legacy blog and from Legacy's newsletter. He discusses the features of the genealogy software and he offers work-around solutions to the questions of the "If it can do that, can it also do this?" variety. I read many of these columns before, so why did I need to spend money on a compilation? For the simple reason that it is indexed and has bookmarks so that I can easily find the information when my research and skill level is ready to use it.

A small problem with this book is not all of the URL links mentioned are still available. It would have been nice if he could have included comments from the readers of his columns. I continue to learn from the suggestions made by other readers.


I recommend this book to users of Legacy FamilyTree software. It can be purchased through their online store.


View all my reviews

No comments: