About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reader's Digest Scenic Wonders of AmericaReader's Digest Scenic Wonders of America by Reader's Digest Association

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is still a good reference book for the scenic wonders of America, and that is why it gets 5 stars even if this edition is 30 years old.

The book describes 50 regions in the United States with excellent text and beautiful pictures. A feature of this book I like is "Within a Day's Drive". After approximately 8 pages about the scenic wonder, there is a map and nutshell descriptions of many other scenic areas that may be paid attractions, state parks, or federal lands. Museums in the area are often listed. At the end of the book are campground listings. This book gives you enough information for the reader to do internet searches to continue vacation planning.

I will continue to keep this book for reference and armchair travel.


View all my reviews

No comments: