About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Books I Read in 1984

And Ladies of the Club was a Cinderella story for the author who published a small run to sell to the local bookstores. An editor for a major publishing house read her book and bought its rights. The book was a nation-wide best-selling book. Don't all authors want to believe this could happen to them?
Books I Read in 1984
1. Joseph Andrews by Henry Fielding
2. Beck is Back by John Updike
3. 8 Million Ways to Die by Lawrence Block
4. Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler
5. Sabbatical by John Barth
6. A Talent for Destruction by Sheila Radley
7. The World According to Garp by John Irving
8. And Ladies of the Club by Helen Hoover Santmeyer
9. More Work for the Undertaker by Marjorie Allingham
10. A Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger Von Oech
11. Guiding the Gifted Child by James T. Webb, Elizabeth A. Meckstroth
review my 1984 bookshelf

No comments: