About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Books I Read in 1990

In 1990, I trained for my black belt test and managed a pharmacy department in a major discount retailer. Without the drama surrounding the former manager, work settled into a challenging routine. My children no longer had an interest in participating in the activities of this dojang; they outgrew it long before I did.


Books I Read in 1990
1. One Minute for Myself: How to Manage Your most Valuable Asset by Spencer Johnson, M.D.
2. Water Bears No Scars by David K. Reynolds
3. Last of the Breed by Louis L’Amour
4. She Who Remembers by Linda Lay Shuler
5. One by Richard Bach
6. Lisa Lyon’s Body Magic by Lisa Lyon and Douglas Kent Hall
7. Nutripoints: The Breakthrough Point System for Optimal Nutrition by Dr. Roy E. Vartabedian & Kathy Matthews
8. Thornyhold by Mary Stewart
9. Hummingbird by LaVyrlie Spencer
10. Poodle Springs by Raymond Chandler and Robert B. Parker
11. The Clairvoyant Countess by Dorothy Gilman
12. Going Within: A Guide for Inner Transformation by by Shirley MacLaine
13. Mrs. Pollifax and the Hong Kong Buddha by Dorothy Gilman
14. Unlocking the Secrets of Your Childhood Memories by Dr. Kevin Leman & Randy Carlson
15. A New Kind of Country by Dorothy Gilman
16. Head First: The Biology of Hope by Norman Cousins
17. Mile Zero by Thomas Sanchez
18. Magic Kingdom for Sale Sold by Terry Brooks
19. Lame Deer: Seeker of Visions by John (Fire) Lame Deer and Richard Erdoes
20. A Dancer in Yellow by Elisabeth Ogilvie
21. Fiela’s Child by Darlene Mathee
22. Dead Cert by Dick Francis
23. Life 101: Everything We Wish We Had Learned About Life in School But Didn’t by John Roger and Peter McWilliams
24. When the Sacred Gin Mill Closes by Lawrence Block
25. Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L’Amour
26. The Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman
27. Polar Star by Martin Cruz Smith
28. The Sacred Ways of the Lakota by Wallace Black Elk with William Lyons


my 1990 bookshelf

No comments: