About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Books I Read in 1989

I was introduced to the idea of neuro-linguistic training from an article in a martial arts magazine and Anthony Robbins made the use of neuro-linguistic programming NLP coachable with his audiotapes. Again, I make the disclaimer that this may not resonate with everyone.


Books I Read in 1989
1. The Power of Myth by Joseph Campbell and Bill Moyers
2. It’s All in the Playing by Shirley MacLaine
3. Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
4. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Café by Fannie Flagg
5. Freaky Deaky by Elmore Leonard
6. Iceberg by Clive Cussler
7. The Bridge Across Forever by Richard Bach
8. Speedcleaning by Jeff Campbell
9. Life Writing by William J. Hoffman
10. Every Woman Can by Mary Conroy and Edward Ritvo
11. The Transformation by George Leonard
12. What Color is Your Parachute? By R.N. Bolles
13. Do What you Love and the Money will Follow by Marsha Sinetar
14. The Woman Who Loved John Wilkes Booth by Pamela Redford Russell
15. The Cellulite-Free Body by Larry Melamerson
16. The Grammatical Man by Jeremy Campbell
17. Personal Power audiotapes by Anthony Robbins
18. Be Your Own Personal Trainer by James G. Garrick
19. Temple of My Familiar by Alice Walker
20. Maigret and the Gangsters by Georges Simeone
21. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankel
22. Farewell Summer by Helen Hoover Santemeyer
23. As A Man Thinketh by James Allen
24. The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
25. In Praise of Wolves by R.D. Lawrence
26. The Gods in Everyman by Jean Shinoda Bolen
my 1989 bookshelf

No comments: