About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Books I Read in 1985

Playing Ball on Running Water is one of those books I wish I never loaned to a friend for it never found its way home. I sincerely hope its current owner
has found it useful and healing in these past twenty-four years.


A Woman of Independent Means is a book my daughter-in-law found for herself this year. I felt glad to see it was still in print and enjoyed by the next generation.
1985 Books I Read
1. Role of Honor by James Gardner
2. Strong Medicine by Arthur Hailey
3. The Healing Heart by Norman Cousins
4. The Lonely Silver Rain by John MacDonald
5. Color for Men by Carole Jackson
6. Forfeit by Dick Francis
7. Mud Pies and Silver Spoons , foreword by Erma Bombeck
8. Maigret’s Failure by George Simenon
9. Playing Ball on Running Water by David K. Reynolds
10. A Woman of Independent Means by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey
11. East Lynne by Ellen Wood
12. Low Blood Sugar and You by Carlton Fredericks
13. Ohio Town by Helen H. Santemeyer


my 1985 bookshelf

No comments: