About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Zucchini Chili

1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, finely diced
1 carrot, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tblsps canola (or olive) oil
6 cups grated zucchini (3 medium-sized)
1 15-oz tomato sauce
1-15-oz can water
1 28-oz can whole tomatoes with juice
2 Tblsps sugar
1 tsp black pepper
3 Tblsps chili powder
2 15-oz cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained

I cook in my soup pot. Over medium heat, saute celery, onion, green pepper, carrot, and garlic in oil for about 5 minutes. Stir frequently. Then add zucchini and all remaining ingredients, except beans, and simmer for 90 minutes. Add beans, simmer another 15 minutes, then serve.
Tastes great with Jiffy Cornbread Muffins or Fritos.

No comments: