About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Books I Read in 1986

1986 was an emotionally difficult year as the time came to call the time of death for our family business. Even books could not hold my attention for long in a year of wrestling with authority figures who were quick to diagnose problems but reluctant to work toward a more balanced solution when they had the power. There was too much drama in my life for me to enjoy drama on the page.
1986 Books I read
1. The Confessions of a Taoist on Wall Street by David Payne
2. A Sport and a Pastime by James Salter
3. Centaur in the Garden by Moacyr Scliar
4. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
5. Celestial Navigation by Ann Tyler

my 1986 bookshelf

No comments: