About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Friday, October 09, 2009

Books I Read in 1988

Songlines is the book from my 1988 readings that I would recommend to many people with a variety of tastes. This book has become a classic for those who have an interest in the genre of travel writing.


Some other books on my list might be recommended to others who wanted to understand their own spirit journeys with this disclaimer,Either the book resonates for you or it does not.


1988 Books I Read
1. Roger’s Version by John Updike
2. Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung
3. The Secret of Inner Strength My Story by Chuck Norris
4. Dancing in the Light by Shirley MacLaine
5. Dreamworks by Louis M. Savary
6. S by John Updike
7. Illusions by Richard Bach
8. Tales of Power by Carlos Castaneda
9. Bonfire of the Vanities by Thomas Kennedy Wolfe
10. Usagi Yojimbo by Stan Sakai
11. Shambala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior by Chogyam Trungpa
12. Something Wonderful by Judith McNaught
13. Songlines by Bruce Chatwain
14. The Fire From Within by Carlos Castaneda
15. Martial Arts in the Spiritual Dimension by Peter Payne
16. The Silent Pulse by George B. Leonard
17. Ice Cathedral by George Leonard
18. Treasure by Clive Cussler
19. Cultural Literacy: What Every American Needs to Know by E. D. Hirsch

my 1988 bookshelf

No comments: