About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Books I Read in 1992

Learned Optimism strongly influenced me and I wish it could have influenced some others I knew and some others with whom I had to work.
Mastery is one I re-read and listened to multiple times on commutes.

1992 Books I Read
1. The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot
2. Vision Quest by Pamela F. Service
3. Thoreau’s Method: A Handbook for Nature Study by David Pepi
4. The One-Minute Manager Builds A High-Performance Team by Kenneth Blanchard, David Carew, and Euice Parisi-Carew
5. Leaders: The Strategy for Taking Charge by Warren Bennis & Burt Nanuo
6. Travels by Michael Crichton
7. The Transformation: A Guide to the Inevitable Changes in Humankind By George B. Leonard
8. Learned Optimism: How to Change Your Mind and Your Life by Martin E.P. Seligman, Ph.D.
9. Mastery by George B. Leonard
10. Dancing With Your Books: The Zen Way of Studying by J.J. Gibbs
11. Sahara by Clive Cussler
12. Savage Inequalities: Children in America’s Schools by Jonathan Kozol
13. The Popcorn Report by Faith Popcorn
14. Unconditional Life by Deepak Chopra
15. Coyote Waits by Tony Hillerman
16. What Do You Care What Other People Think? by Richard P. Feynman
17. Mrs. Pollifax and the Whirling Dervish by Dorothy Gilman
18. A Ticket to the Boneyard by Lawrence Block
19. Zapp!: the Lightening of Empowerment by William C. Byham with Jeff Cox
20. Straight by Dick Francis
21. Tony Hinkle: A Coach for All Seasons by Howard Caldwell
22. A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson
23. Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh
24. Hiking by Cindy Ross
25. The Negotiator by Frederick Forsythe
26. Spartacus by T.L. Mancour
27. Star Trek: The Next Generation: Reunion by Michael Jan Friedman
28. Mother Earth, Father Sky by Sue Harrison
29. Anything for Billy by Larry McMurtry
30. Imbalance by V.E. Mitchell
31. Power Hungry by Howard Weinstein
32. Masks by John Vornholt
33. Fortune’s Light by Michael Jan Friedman
34. In the Spirit of Crazy Horse by Peter Matthiessen
35. Boogeymen by Mel Gilden
36. Faces of Fire by Michael Jan Friedman
37. Legacy by Michael Jan Friedman
38. MS, Lupus, and Me by Bessie Kossoudji Harvey
39. Fats and Oils by Udo Erasmus
my 1992 bookshelf

No comments: