About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Monday, October 12, 2009

Books I Read in 1991

Some books changed the direction of my life in 1991 for the healthier and saner. Harvey Diamond's two Fit for Life books taught me about food combining and I later studied Nutritional Science from a correspondence school started by his mentor. The Dance of Anger helped me find ways to solve the problems that provoked angery energy. Thich Nacht Hanh became a teacher to my spirit.


 

35 Books I Read in 1991

  1. A Life on the Road by Charles Kuralt
  2. Castleview by Gene Wolfe
  3. Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
  4. Listening Woman by Tony Hillerman
  5. The Complete Money Movement Strategist by Tom Breiter
  6. The Eight Immortals of Taoism by Kwan Man Ho, Joanne O'Brien and Martin Palmer
  7. The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Rin Wright
  8. Doomsday World by Carter, David Friedman and Greenberger
  9. Contamination by John Vorholt
  10. Mandy Miller Fights Back by Francine Pascal
  11. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
  12. Fit for Life by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
  13. The Dance of Anger by Harriet Goldhor Lerner, Phd.
  14. Fit for Life II: Living Healthy by Harvey and Marilyn Diamond
  15. The Jackal's Head by Elizabeth Peters
  16. Breathing Lessons by Ann Tyler
  17. Brokenclaw by John Gardner
  18. The Beet Queen by Louise Erdich
  19. Unlimited Power by Anthony Robbins
  20. You Are The Message by Roger Ailes with Jon Kraushar
  21. How to Make Love All The Time by Dr. Barbara DeAngelis
  22. The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
  23. Man from Barbararossa by John Gardner
  24. Attitude by Lisa Sliwa
  25. Are You a Target? By Judith Fein, PhD.
  26. Q-in-Law by Peter David
  27. Great Possessions: An Amish Farmer's Journal by David Kline
  28. Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
  29. Dr. Deming: The American Who Taught the Japanese About Quality by Rafael Aguayo
  30. Unlimited Wealth by Paul Zane Pilzer
  31. The Haunted Mesa by Louis L'Amour
  32. You'll See It When You Believe It by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
  33. Integrity by Ted W. Engstrom with Robert C. Larson
  34. The Writing Life by Annie Dillard
  35. Peace is Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh



my 1991 Bookshelf

No comments: