About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Broadmoor Memories: The History of the BroadmoorBroadmoor Memories: The History of the Broadmoor by Elena Bertozzi

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I like stories of a place and the people who love it. This book entertains with stories of General Palmer, Count Pourtales, and Spencer and Julie Penrose. The mood of the book changed when the villain, Federal Tax Reform Act of 1969 obligated El Pomar Foundation to sell controlling interest in 1989 and 2004. By the time the book was published in 1993, I felt the author had a difficult time maintaining enough objectivity to write about the new owners and their plans. Of course, that is a difficulty encountered by all authors of current events. Those writers never know when their work will be read.



View all my reviews

No comments: