About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Crater Lake, 26 July 2010, Highway of the Waterfalls


We exited Crater Lake National Park and immediately entered Umpqua National Forest. We drove on Rt. 138 towards Diamond Lake and Roseburg, which is known as Highway of the Waterfalls. These viewpoints had picnic areas and trails.
When we got on I-5 in Roseburg and headed north, the land changed again to huge hills with golden grains growing on them and some orchards. No photos taken during the drive on the interstate.
We left the interstate near Eugene and got on Route 58 and entered Williamette National Forest. This road carries more commercial traffic so we shared the winding road with semi rigs and trailers. There was still some scenic viewpoints of distant mountains.
Click Crater Lake, 26 July 2010, Highway of the Waterfalls for more photos

No comments: