About Me

My photo
I'm a reader who enjoys posting comments and recommendations about the books I read. You will not find a synopsis with my recommendations because you can just click on the book title for a link to www.goodreads.com for a synopsis and reviews by other readers. I prefer the 3 Reason format: the reason I chose to read it; the reason I liked (or disliked) the book; and the reason I recommend it.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seven Falls, 25 Aug 2010


In the afternoon, we went to another attraction, Seven Falls. Seven Falls is the only waterfall in Colorado to make National Geographic's list of major waterfalls of the world. As the road and parking lots are in the valley of a box canyon, we expected to look up for the best views. We were told alternative views were available. The first sign we noticed on the way to the lookout warned us this way up is 185 steps. I was not looking forward to it as I had been at this altitude for less than 24 hours, and I was not yet acclimated for such a climb, even at a slow pace. A wonderful alternative is the elevator, cut into the mountainside. We walked through a cool tunnel to the elevator which took us to The Nest viewing platform.
There are 225 steps near Seven Falls. I suggested that I remain at this viewing platform to take pictures of Don's progress up the falls; and when he starts back down, I'll ride the elevator and meet him at the bottom of the falls.


Click Seven Falls, 25 Aug 2010 for 50 more pictures.

No comments: